Prescot’s Elizabethan Fayre returns this year to celebrate the town’s Elizabethan heritage and its renaissance, all with a contemporary twist.
The FREE fayre is a popular date in Knowsley’s events calendar and there will be plenty for everyone to enjoy. It will be a fun-filled day packed with theatre and dance performances, circus skills, craft workshops, music, heritage walks, artisan stalls and more.
Visitors can also experience a piece of Tudor history, with candle making, musical minstrels, archery and soldier school. There might even be an appearance from Queen Elizabeth I herself!
Prescot’s history is quite remarkable – in Elizabethan times it was the only place in the whole of the country, aside from London, to have a free-standing purpose-built theatre. Today it is home to Shakespeare North Playhouse, a new theatre and cultural venue in the heart of the town inspired by William Shakespeare and his love of storytelling.
- Help make the Prescot Bird with Arts Groupie
- Get Sketchy with Illustrator Gill Smith
- Willow Weaving from Twig Twister
- Clay making with Prescot Community Curators
- Heritage Walking Tours of Prescot
- Free Face Painting
- Fools Rush In – Circus Jesters Steve ‘n’ Harry
- The Egg People – The Waggle Bees
- Jan Williams Theatre School
- Liverpool Signing Choir
- Arts Groupie – The Actor’s Corner
- Curbside Ceilidh – Folk Dance Remixed
- Bring the Fire – Fire and Circus Show
- Altered Scale Theatre – Captain Parrot and His Ship of Stories
- Petit Ullaloom – The Dead Average Sonnets Society
- Imaginarium Theatre – Fools and Fairies Parade
- Poppy the Bubble Fairy
- And more!
A full programme with times for events and activities will be available soon on www.cutureknowsley.co.uk. You can also follow CultureKnowsley on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for updates.